I am so excited! We are getting married in 8 days (week from tomorrow). Before I know it then it will be here and I will be married to a great man.
So I made a decision this past few weeks that alot of you will know why it was a hard decision. When I left the Holiness church I was so bitter. Not at god or Holiness people but towards religion in general. I decided I didn't want any part of it anymore if I couldn't be Holiness. Which given I made my own decision when it came to leaving the church it was not Gods fault or anyone in the church's. Then I lost my Daddy and I think I honestly got and stayed mad at God for a long time. I know now that was wrong but hear me out....... I began to think Shame on you Tara what has he ever done to you that was so wrong? And I decided church was my own decision and I could make the same decision to get back in, maybe not in a Holiness church but in a church that I could be happy and live for the Lord again in.
I have comes to terms with things regarding my Daddy. It was just his time to go and I have to get over this somehow I cant be angry at God I mean shame on me seriously :( I know Grief does weird things to you but cmon I know better than this. I have to get ahold of myself right? So I began going to church with Shaun at a Church of Christ church. I'll be honest I didnt think I could ever be happy at church again....well I started going with him every Sunday and I began to fall in love with the people and the church and realized this is where I can begin to rebuild my life. So today I met with the preacher and with Shaun by my side I let him baptize me so I could start over. I feel alot better and I feel like this was the right decision. Great way to start mine and Shaun's marriage off. So now I have once again decided to get back on the right track and get over myself which is something I should have seen a long time ago.
My dear friends who love me are getting together tomorrow night and we are going out for my bachelorette party! Treating me to dinner, drinks and a movie on the last week before we say I do and I put all this behind me. I want to say thank you to any of them who are reading this. Doing this for me shows me how much you care.
So that's it. I'm off for the weekend to try and have a good time. Got so much to do all weekend but hopefully we can get it all done. Much love!!!! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment